As a means of advancing its mission, the Association is currently focusing on the following developmental initiatives:
- Developing Bahá’í scholarship among students and young adults.
- Developing university courses across disciplines on diverse aspects of the Bahá’í Faith.
- Developing opportunities for the exchange, publication, and circulation of diverse forms of Bahá’í scholarship.
- Developing the Journal of Bahá’í Studies into an outstanding forum for Bahá’í scholarship that it is acceptable in academic circles and accessible to wider audiences.
- Developing extension activities that stimulate Bahá’í scholarship through grassroots initiatives by Area Committees and Special Interest Groups, through the utilization of Bahá’í schools, and through other decentralized approaches throughout the year.
- Developing an outward-looking orientation that engages diverse leaders of thought through symposia, seminars, and other opportunities for dialogue and collaboration.
- Developing the annual conference so that it serves the broad mission of the Association and advances the Association’s other major initiatives.